Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Michael Crichton

The writer of Jurassic Park and one of my favorite books, Timeline, Michael Crichton, died today at age 66 after a private battle with cancer. Crichton, of course, is most famous for Jurassic Park and The Andromeda Strain books and movies. (Timeline was made into a film, but...alas...not as good as the book). I took this quote, attributed to him, from a Yahoo!NEWS article: "I have a lot of trouble with things that don't seem true to me," Crichton said..."I'm very uncomfortable just accepting. There's something in me that wants to pound the table and say, 'That's not true.'"

What an amazing personality. Read more here.

A new book might be released soon from his publisher. I only wish I could become half the writer he was. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very sad...i was shocked. he is definately one of my favorite writers.