Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blurb: Rafe Spall




One of my favorite British actors, (he's in a tie with Dan Radcliffe), is Rafe Spall. Son of famous actor Timothy Spall (most recently Peter Pettigrew in the Harry Potter films and Nathaniel in Enchanted), I first saw Rafe in the Masterpiece Theater remake of A Room With A View (or so I thought). Rafe was actually a supporting character in one of my favorite movies, Hot Fuzz (if you haven't seen this, drop what you are doing and rent it now or illegally download it). He played one of the mustached detectives (the one on the far left). And he plays one of the frenzied fans in [Green Street] Hooligans, starring alongside Elijah Wood and Charlie Hunnam (also a big fan of both). 



Recently though, in my research of London plays, I found that he is quite the stage actor. While I wanted to go visit my cousin in England and see WICKED, he saw it before I could. Then I wanted to see Equus (in which Daniel Radcliffe strips down) but now it's in New York. SO in researching to see if Rafe was still doing the Stage Play Hello and Goodbye,  

I found out a few tidbits about him that made me relate to him. 

"No one who's overweight is happy with it. I had always been big and when you start that way as a child you only ever seem to get bigger. Inside there was always a slim me waiting to get out."
the interviewer asks: "Any vices?" 
"I love beer and drink a lot of it. "
MARRY ME! 

A lot of the buzz around the net is that he would make a good replacement Joker for Heath Ledger. Maybe...he has a few films and tv show/mini series coming up, IMDB him, and if you happen to catch something he's been in, let me know what you think. I have a feeling he's going to be big in the next couple of years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HOT FUZZ is an awesome movie.