Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fool's Day

Okay, a day late, I suppose. My version of the April fool.

I seriously do not understand the appeal of this day. I am a naturally gullible person. I take it as a compliment, not an insult, to be judged for having a certain optimistic naiveté. So what bothers me so much are people who think it's funny to take advantage of that for amusement. In the past, I have had some people I called "Friends" do some pretty questionable things to me on the "April Fool's" Day.

There are enough problems in the world, why make people feel bad for trusting others? It's not like I can't take a joke, just ask any one of my friends, I am the source of a lot of laughter. Fooling someone is not a joke, and it's not helpful. You want to be funny? Do or say something witty, do not use trickery and deceit, because that is SO 1990's.

No comments: